In partnership with:
Summit Choice HEALTHCARE PROGRAM Basics
The Summit Chamber has partnered with the Small Association Leadership Alliance (SALA) to provide our Chamber members access to a comprehensive and cost-effective alternative to traditional insurance plans. The Summit Choice Healthcare Program helps businesses, who are unable to provide group health insurance, offer their employees access to affordable, high quality healthcare.
The Summit Choice Healthcare Program is offered as a benefit of being a member of the Summit Chamber. It is not meant to be a replacement for a traditional group insurance plan, but rather an option for those who currently do not have insurance or have an extremely expensive individual plan. The Summit Choice Healthcare Program, in partnership with SALA, is one solution to the high cost of healthcare in the mountain region.
Learn about the Summit Choice Healthcare Program components
The Summit Choice Healthcare Program is proven insurance alternative for members to consider for their healthcare. The program has several components to choose from to customize their healthcare. When each component is brought together, the result is a comprehensive and affordable option for healthcare. The components include (and are detailed below):
- Apex Preventative Care Plan that best fits your needs, family, and budget (Two choices)
- Add-on a Sedera membership for medical cost sharing to be used for accidents, illness, and unforeseen medical needs. (Five Initial Unshareable Amount – IUAs – from which to choose)
- Take advantage of Teladoc telemedicine for increased savings and services (included with Sedera membership)
- The comfort of 2nd.MD to ensure you and your family receive the most up-to-date medical treatment available (included with Sedera membership)
Each of these components is described below.
Choose an Apex Preventative Care Plan
Apex is the preventative care component of the SALA Healthcare Program. The Apex plans are not an insurance product, but a self‐funded plan sponsored by the Small Association Leadership Alliance (SALA). The Apex plans qualify as Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plans for preventative care coverage. A MEC plan must cover 100% of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) listed preventative and wellness benefits. The Apex plans are designed to meet your day-to-day healthcare needs.
Participants choose either the:
Both plans comply with ACA mandated preventative services with 100% coverage for all 21 preventative services for adults, 26 services for women, and 27 services for children. (Click here to learn more about the ACA requirement)
Apex HDHP/Basic MEC
The Apex HDHP (High Deductible High Premium) Plan provides the Minimum Essential Coverage at a lower monthly cost but does not include a prescription plan or coverage for specialists. The Apex HDHP plan does allow for the addition of a Health Savings Account (HSA). This plan includes:
- 100% coverage for preventive care services
- The plan provides the required framework allowing members to setup and use a Health Savings Account (HSA) for qualified medical expenses
Apex Advantage provides 100% coverage for preventive care, copayments for small and medium cost medical expenses, and prescription coverage.
- This plan includes: 100% coverage for preventive care services
- Small co-pays for Specialists, Urgent Care, Lab, Imaging and Prescription Drugs.
- Prescription drug coverage managed by WellDyneRX
To learn more about the Apex options, we recommend reviewing the following:
- Current Rate Sheets – Advantage / Lvl 3
- Current Rate Sheets – HDHP / Lvl 1
- About Apex
- Apex Basic (MEC) & Advantage Plans
- Apex Basic (MEC) FAQ
- Apex Advantage FAQ
- Multi-Plan Provider Search Instructions Apex is an “in network” program. The network is PHCS, one of the largest provider networks in the country.
Add: Sedera Medical Cost Sharing
The Sedera medical cost sharing model boldly challenges the insurance status quo. Through an innovative layering of healthcare services, we enable individuals and family’s access to high quality healthcare that is affordable, flexible and effective.
In addition to sharing medical expenses, Sedera provides access to valuable Counseling, Medical Bill Negotiation, Telemedicine, Expert Second Opinion, and Personal Member Advisor services to all members. You can choose from Five (5) IUA’s (Initial Unshareable Amount) that range from $500 to $5000.
To learn more about Sedera we recommend reviewing the following:
- About Sedera
- Sedera Summary Info
- Sedera Membership Overview
- Sedera Membership Guidelines
- Sedera Key Terms
WARNING: SEDERA, INC. IS NOT AN INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING MEMBERSHIP IS NOT ISSUED OR OFFERED BY AN INSURANCE COMPANY. WHILE EVERY EFFORT IS MADE TO MEET MEMBER’S MEDICAL NEEDS, SEDERA, INC. AND THE SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING COMMUNITY DO NOT GUARANTEE PAYMENT OF ANY MEDICAL EXPENSE.
Telemedicine through Teladoc
Sedera members have 24/7/365 access to a board-certified physician through Teladoc telemedicine. This service provides on-call physicians available to help resolve routine medical issues by phone or video consultations. Members considering a trip to the Emergency Room, urgent care center, minute clinic or who just cannot wait to get scheduled for a doctor’s office visit can use Teladoc to access medical care, saving both time and money.
- On-demand care – talk to a doctor anytime, no matter where
- Prompt diagnosis for faster treatment
- No consultation time limits
- Treatment of children of any age
- Secure and portable health records
- Cost savings on expensive ER or urgent care visits
- Physicians can prescribe non-narcotic medication or refills when appropriate
- More info: Telemedicine FAQ
2nd.MD Medical Second Opinion
We’ve all hassled with doctor waitlists, gone back and forth to get a referral and searched the web for answers to medical issues. As a member of Sedera Health, you can bypass these frustrating steps through a program called 2nd.MD. This offering allows members to quickly and easily connect with some of the world’s best doctors for consultation via phone or webcam.
- Distinguished Network: 2nd.MD recommends the best medical specialist for your care.
- Virtual Consults: Schedule a video or phone consultation at a time that’s most convenient for you.
- Concierge Care: Provides you with a dedicated medical professional who handles your case from beginning to end.
- Follow-Up Notes: Once your consultation is complete, you will receive a written summary from your doctor.
- Local Referrals: 2nd.MD will help you find local doctors and institutions best equipped to carry out your treatment.
- More info: 2nd MD – Specialists
How to enroll
Your step-by-step guide to the Summit Chamber of Commerce’s Summit Choice Healthcare Program:
- Organizations must be a Summit Chamber of Commerce member in good standing.
- All membership levels are eligible
- Not a member? Apply today.
- Watch the informational webinar. Viewing the webinar will be the best introduction to this program and will help you understand the documents and resources below.
- Prerecorded Webinar: Watch the on-demand webinar
- Explore the program and plans. Click on the icons below to explore program details, FAQ, Key Terms, and real-world savings examples.
- Decide if this program is right for your organization, your employees, and/or their dependents.
- There are other programs available thorough Chamber member businesses, including:
- Insurance Advisors and brokers for group and individual insurance as well as assistance with Connect For Health Colorado (health insurance marketplace)
- There are other programs available thorough Chamber member businesses, including:
- Click here to get started with your Summit Choice Healthcare Program Application.
- Interested businesses should conduct a thorough analysis to ensure you understand the program and if it works for you.
- Chamber members and their employees who enroll by the 18th of the month will be able to start the 1st of the next month (e.g. an employee who signs up on November 5 will be able to be in the program as of December 1st.
For more information or to discuss enrollment please call 888-994-4979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The general information provided here has been taken from reliable resources. However, the Summit Chamber of Commerce does not provide insurance, legal, or tax advice. We recommend that you seek competent legal advice for any questions on the forms and applications that you are required to sign to apply for membership to a medical cost sharing organization. The Summit Choice Healthcare Program is not insurance and the Summit Chamber of Commerce is not an insurance agency or provider.
If you're looking for a traditional insurance plan? View our Business Directory.
NOTE: The SALA Healthcare Program is currently unavailable in Vermont and Alaska