Seeking New Board Members
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Summit Chamber. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin filling it out.
Please return the completed application to the Summit Chamber of Commerce no later than October 13, 2020. Forms can be downloaded here and should be emailed to Blair@summitchamber.org. Applications can also be submitted via Google Forms.
This application will be kept confidential. Applications are used by the Board’s Executive Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves a minimum of one (1) three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve additional three-year terms if re-elected.
2. Attend a minimum of 6 Chamber events each year (does not includes board meetings but does include committee meetings, mixers and other Chamber events). The Full Board of Directors meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 8:00 to 10:00 AM.
3. Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Chamber committee work.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee and board members that contributes to consensus.
6. Participates in the board’s planning efforts.
7. Participates in the advancement of the strategic plan of the Chamber including member recruitment.
Co.Starters ReBuild Program