About The Chamber
Summit County Info
Request a Brochure
Board of Directors - Staff
Chamber Leads Group
About the Chapters
Summit Independent Business Alliance
Join the Chamber
Membership Benefits & Dues
Chapter Concepts FAQs
News & Events
2018 COO Breakfast Information
Calendar of Events
Protect Your Business from Identity Theft
Biz Excellence Awards
About the Business Excellence Awards
This Year's Event
How Winners Are Selected
The ROI of Industry Awards
What Winning Can Do For YOU
Get Involved (Partners and Prizes)
Business Excellence Awards
2018 Nomination Form:
1. Contact Information for Nominator
Name of Nominator:
Nominator’s relationship to Business:
2. Contact Info and Background for Business Being Nominated
Please provide a brief background of the business/nominee (250-word max):
3. Nomination Categories
Please fill out questions for ALL categories in which the company has excelled in 2018. This will give them the maximum opportunity for success.
Marketing Strategy Champion
Open to any business which has developed marketing and advertising strategies which have 1) increased their market awareness, 2) differentiated themselves from their competitors and 3) delivered a measurable increase in their business. Marketing campaigns conducted between January 1 and December 31, 2018 in all industries are eligible, regardless of the budget or team size.
1. How has this business differentiated themselves from their competitors?
2. Please describe the nominee’s target audience/demographic and provide examples of the strategies they have used in the past year to reach this target which you feel make them a “Marketing Strategies Champion”.
3. Please share any results or ROI that have been used to gauge how successful the marketing/sales efforts for this business have been.
4. How has this nominee utilized new media such as the internet and social media and/or experiential marketing (events) to effectively target their best customer (provide examples)?
5. Please include the website, social media accounts, any marketing related accolades or any other information pertinent to the review of this nomination.
Open to any business that invests in sustainability throughout its business operations through partnership-based projects, volunteerism, conservation, leadership, green construction, community outreach or other innovative efforts. Demonstrated social or environmental responsibility programs and contributions required.
1. How does the nominee’s mission/vision support environmental practices?
2. Does this business make an effort to utilize environmentally sustainable products? What do they do?
3. Please describe how the business has taken steps to reduce waste output.
4. How does the nominated business educate and engage staff in their environmentally friendly practices? How do they share these endeavors with the public?
5. Please describe at least four examples of environmental practices within the nominated business i.e. recycling, composting, reusing, reducing water usage, reducing energy consumption etc.
Customer Service Champion
Open to any business dedicated to outstanding customer service and satisfaction in all aspects of sales and service. Demonstrated customer satisfaction and customer support success rates (e.g. efficient response times and satisfactory resolution of customer concerns) required.
1. Please describe why you believe the nominee provides excellent customer service.
2. Please provide at least one example of excellent customer service demonstrated by the nominated business.
3. Describe the customer service policies and how they are linked to training and staff rewards for customer service.
4. What ways does the nominee allow patrons to contact them and how promptly do they respond to complaints/praise? What methods are in place to use customer feedback to improve the company’s products and services?
5. In addition to the information provided above and being mindful of the 250-word limit, is there anything else you think is pertinent to the review of this nomination?
Best Place to Work
Open to any business that fosters a creative, collaborative workplace culture to enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Demonstrated employee satisfaction and employee well-being programs (e.g. flexible work arrangements, mentoring, financial and lifestyle perks) required.
1. Please describe why the nominated business is the best place to work in Summit County.
2. What is the company culture and how is it demonstrated and fostered within the organization for the benefit of the employees?
3. How does the nominee monitor and quantify employee satisfaction? What efforts have been made to improve employee satisfaction and retention?
4. What benefits does the nominated company provide for employees? Any opportunities for mentoring/coaching for advancement? Any unusual perks?
5. How does the nominee stay competitive in terms of salary/pay grade?
Best Start Up
Open to any business that began operations in this calendar (2018). The company should prove some level of success by having active customers but doesn’t have to be profitable.
1. Please describe what the nominee has done within their first year of business to deserve this award.
2. How does this new business differ from existing businesses in the area? Please describe the need in the community or abroad that this company has filled.
3. Describe the nominee’s vision and plan for growth.
4. How do employees or owners describe working for this business?
5. How has this nominee already been able to give back to our community?
Workplace Wellness Champion
Open to any business that creates a culture of employee wellness and provides innovative programs for employee health safety and wellness.
1. Explain and provide examples of the nominee’s commitment to motivate and assist employees to practice healthier lifestyles.
2. Is this business certified by Colorado Health Links?
3. What specific wellness programs does the nominee offer?
4. What does the organization have in place to evaluate the program(s) quality and outcomes?
5. In what ways does this nominee demonstrate overall leadership in support of workplace wellness?
The Ben Fogle Award
Open to any individual that demonstrates ardent support of the Summit Chamber of Commerce and its mission.
1. What efforts has this individual engaged in that support the Summit Chamber?
2. How has this nominee supported the values of The Summit Chamber's mission?
3. What volunteer efforts has the nominee undertaken both within and outside the Chamber?
4. Describe all outreach efforts on behalf of the Chamber.
5. Is the nominee a Diplomat and/or Board Member of the Chamber?
Business of the Year Award Small, Medium and Large categories
For the Business of the Year category, the judges look at overall company achievements and excellence (and include other criteria such as growth, innovations or employee culture). Thus, in the submission, it is helpful to mention the entirety of the company’s success, i.e. demonstrated company growth, product innovations, supportive employee culture, focus on customer service, and overall company excellence.
1. Please indicate which category your business falls within below
Small (1-5 FTE)
Medium (6-15 FTEs)
Business size is determined by the number of full-time employees (FTE) in Summit County. (Please note that part-time employees equal ½ of a full-time employee, rounded down to the nearest whole number. Therefore, if you had 4 FTE and 5 part-time employees, working in Summit County, your company would have 6 FTEs for this purpose.)
2. Please describe one or two notable business achievements from 2018 that prompted your nomination.
3. Please give an example of how this business displays exemplary customer service.
4. Please give examples of how this nominee demonstrates innovative and proactive leadership within their business or industry.
5. How does this nominee give back to the community?
6. Please describe how this nominee demonstrates measurable success as a business and/or as an employer.
7. Describe how this nominee works to create a positive employee culture and work environment.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSION.
The system will flash a confirmation of this nomination upon successful upload. If you do not see this notice, and do not receive an email from The Summit Chamber staff within 24 hours letting you know we received your nomination, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org