Best BBQ in Colorado
Join us for the 27th Annual Frisco BBQ Challenge for the best BBQ you will have in Colorado in 2021. Of course, there is more to the BBQ Challenge than delicious BBQ; there are free concerts, pig races, a 6k with a bacon aid station, chef demos, street performers, a firefighter cook-off, a whiskey tour and a charming Main Street setting surrounded by mountains and a beautiful lake.
Don’t forget to stop by the Country Store and get all your BBQ Fest schwag! Next year the store will be back stronger and better than before. Make sure you purchase your BBQ mug in advance so don’t miss out on the 2021 commemorative mug. All proceeds from the Country Store support the Summit Chamber of Commerce, in turn supporting the local business community of Summit County.
Basic Schedule with 2021
- Thursday, June 18, 2021 from 7:00pm-9:30pm kickoff concert only- no BBQ
- Friday, June 18, 2021 from 11:00am-9:00pm BBQ Day #1
- Saturday, June 19, 2021 from 10:00am-6:00pm BBQ Day #2
Free Entry & Pay for Everything Else with Hogbacks
Entry into the festival is free.
- Hogback tickets can be purchased at ticket booths throughout the event. $1 = 1 Hogback
- There are no cash vendors on the street and Hogbacks are good for everything from beer to BBQ to berry kabobs.
- Hogbacks can be used after the event at merchants in Frisco throughout the weekend. A list of merchants accepting hogbacks will be available at ticket booths and at the Visitor Information Center.
- Hogback ticket purchases are non-refundable.
- Most food on the street costs between 5 and 12 hogbacks. Food choices vary from from salmon and shrimp to ribs and Philly cheese steaks. Many vendors offer full plates including sides.
- Hogback tickets can also be pre-purchased online starting in late and picked up at will call (Visitor Information Center at 300 Main Street) on Thursday, June 17, Friday, June 18 and Saturday, June 19 from 9:00am-8:00pm.